To report gas or electric emergencies call 911.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, incorporated in California in 1905, is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company is a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation.
There are approximately 20,000 employees who carry out Pacific Gas and Electric Company's primary business—the transmission and delivery of energy. The company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 15 million people throughout a 70,000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
* Service area stretches from Eureka in the north to Bakersfield in the south, and from the Pacific Ocean in the west to the Sierra Nevada in the east
* 141,215 circuit miles of electric distribution lines and 18,616 circuit miles of interconnected transmission lines
* 42,141 miles of natural gas distribution pipelines and 6,438 miles of transportation pipelines
* 5.1 million electric customer accounts
* 4.3 million natural gas customer accounts
Learn more about the regions in which this company operates in.
Analysis performed by our proprietary ranking algorithm, covering all renewable energy project developers globally.
Analysis performed by our proprietary ranking algorithm, covering all renewable energy project investors globally.